[ExI] This Company Wants to Put a Human-Size Hologram Booth in Your Living Room

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Sun Nov 29 07:14:26 UTC 2020

Subject: Re: [ExI] This Company Wants to Put a Human-Size Hologram Booth in Your Living Room

On Sat, 28 Nov 2020 at 15:55, spike jones via extropy-chat <extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org> wrote:

> This I can tell ya this: Zoom has revolutionized the hell outta the whole DNA-based genealogy biz...  You quickly figure out who the smart ones are, and the ones who know stuff... spike

>...But you can't necessarily find the pretty ones......

>...I've just read that Zoom has a "beautify" setting under Video options.
Apparently it doesn't change much, just smooths out spots and wrinkles. It's intended for early morning Zoom calls before you've had time to put your makeup on.
Could be useful for Spike???    ;)

>...BillK

BillK, it doesn't work unless you know how to use it right.  What I do is rig up my camera on Zoom, set it to Beautify, then get a second camera focused on my first screen and set that one to beautify, then a third, fourth and fifth camera, each focused on the previous beautify screens, each set to beautify.  Then with about five iterations of beautify working for me, I am up to about average in appearance and I'm good to go.

I am now working on a setting I call smartify.