[ExI] early indications of an unfriendly ai

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Thu Oct 1 18:29:14 UTC 2020

Subject: Re: [ExI] early indications of an unfriendly ai

On Thu, Oct 1, 2020 at 5:48 PM BillK via extropy-chat
> ... The rogue AI just has to read your phone records...  BillK

Ja, you are right, hadn't thoughta that.  Oh shit.

>...Yeah... Heck, I've seen homeless people with smartphones.  Regards,  Dan

Well of course they do, Dan.  How else could they process donations?  I
don't know how it is in Australia, but yanks don't carry cash anymore.  If
they do, I wouldn't want to touch it.  We offer the homeless person alms or
mercy, she whips out her phone: "Bless you kind sir, I accept Samsung Pay,
Tabbed Out, Gyft, PayPal, TransferWise, Venmo, Google Wallet, physical
precious metals and any prescription pain medication."

Ours must be a most puzzling world to non-hip older people who don't keep
up.