[ExI] ok so move to florida

Anton Sherwood bronto at pobox.com
Thu Oct 1 21:32:59 UTC 2020

On 2020-10-01 13:20, Adrian Tymes via extropy-chat wrote:
> The moment it loses its last person and/or last land area, though,
> I believe it's automatically an ex-state.  IANAL, of course.

I dunno, its former population could vote absentee?  I doubt there's
anything in the rulebooks.

My sister has lived in Canada for more than ten years but votes
according to her last California address.  I guess she couldn't do that
if she had emigrated to, say, Massachusetts.

Members of the Peerages of Scotland and Ireland elected a fixed number
from among them for the House of Lords.  The Scottish representatives
were elected for each Parliament, but the Irish representatives sat for
life.  The last election of an Irish representative was in 1919.  The
last of them died in 1961.

The parliament of the Republic of China was long dominated by
representatives of the mainland provinces, who kept their seats so long
as elections there were infeasible.  I wonder when the last of them died.

--
*\\*  Anton Sherwood  *\\*  www.bendwavy.org