[ExI] ripping away the mask

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Thu Oct 1 23:05:25 UTC 2020

Subject: Re: [ExI] ripping away the mask

>….Spike, does CA actually mandate that you wear one outdoors as well?  If so, that sounds like insanity to me, and I'm not surprised there is no enforcement…

I haven’t read the text, but the verbalizing was ambiguous.  The mandate prohibits being maskless in public or failing to social distance.  The way I interpret that is if one is doing either, then it is OK.  If one is alone, then one is social distancing, so no mask is required.  If one is partying, then a mask is required.  Well, OK.  That makes sense.  I don’t party, so… I don’t wear a mask outdoors.

If I go indoors, I am in someone else’s house or someone’s business.  Then I wear one.

This is pretty simple stuff: it is impossible to infect the great outdoors.  It’s too much of that and not enough of me.