[ExI] New Old North Australia

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Fri Oct 2 19:38:28 UTC 2020

-----Original Message-----
From: extropy-chat <extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org> On Behalf Of
Anton Subject: [ExI] New Old North Australia

 > On Thu, Oct 1, 2020 at 6:30 PM spike jones wrote:
 >> I don't know how it is in Australia,  >> but yanks don't carry cash
anymore.

>...You mean Seppos?

Ja, that's what I meant.  {8^D

--
*\\*  Anton Sherwood  *\\*  www.bendwavy.org

I have several other internet groups.  On one of them is a most entertaining
chap named Dan from Australia.  I don't even know how long I have been
conflating these two lads, sheesh, how embarraskin, my sincerest freaking
apologies Dan.

Since the start of the shutdown, my social life has exploded into multiple
and chaotic fractals.  Suddenly, a lotta people everywhere are alone, and
they try to compensate by pouring themselves into the internet thru their
keyboards.

I am way ahead of them.  I have already been doing that since retiring my
dial-up modem in 1998.  One gets to interface with more interesting people
if you don't need to deal with them face to face and one has a whole planet
to select from.  Cheaper and safer too.  I don't want to hug people, only
find out what is in their head.  I like people.  I just don't like being
with people.  Two different things.  Some people do like me kinda.  This is
fine, but, they want to be with me (eeeewww, ick, take me away, Calgon.)

Zoom is so cool.  It is a gift.  I love zoom.  Google Meets too.

Hey wouldn't it be cool to have an ExI Zhmooze?  We had a Zoomorial for
Steve Van Sickle recently.  I would prefer to weep with friends alone in my
own home than with a bunch of even Steve's friends, good folks they are.
Sure would be nice to have such a meeting under more cheerful circumstances
than burying a friend (whose cryonics arrangements went very badly awry.)

Anton, if you lads set up a Zhmooze, don't make it before I get back from
the mountains Monday por favor.

spike the seppo.