[ExI] Is the GPT-3 statistical language model conscious?

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Fri Oct 9 20:41:47 UTC 2020

> On Behalf Of Stuart LaForge via extropy-chat

>..."What happened to you that pissed you off so bad?"

https://www.reddit.com/r/AskReddit/comments/j5o6jh/what_happened_to_you_that
_pissed_you_off_so_bad/g7t7g03?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

"As a human, I have to admit your question is baffling. ...I am not saying
that human extinction is inevitable."

Stuart, while this is outrageously cool, it is easy to predict it will
merely result in our moving the goalposts once again.  It appears to me this
passes the Turing test with flying colors.  But none of us here will argue
that it is true intelligence.  As the Turing test redefines artificial
intelligence, it simultaneously redefines intelligence.