[ExI] Is the GPT-3 statistical language model conscious?

Dylan Distasio interzone at gmail.com
Fri Oct 9 21:15:03 UTC 2020

This also might help if you want a lot more detail:
https://jalammar.github.io/how-gpt3-works-visualizations-animations/

That said, I don't believe GPT-3 is intelligent or conscious.  It's another
deep learning parlor trick, albeit an impressive one, with some real world
applications.

I happen to be very interested in text generation via AI, so I'm not
disparaging it by any means, but like all this other stuff, it's dead
behind the eyes.

On Fri, Oct 9, 2020 at 5:11 PM BillK via extropy-chat <