[ExI] less lethal strain?

Dave Sill sparge at gmail.com
Tue Oct 13 16:14:47 UTC 2020

On Tue, Oct 13, 2020 at 12:03 PM spike jones via extropy-chat <

> If we compare these two datasets, we are compelled to attempt some kind of
> explanation for why the first wave slew so many Brits but the second one
> didn’t:
>

> Failing some kind of plausible alternative, it would appear that either
> there is a less-lethal strain of covid has evolved, or the British medics
> have figured out how to save proles.  Perhaps both?  This suggests a
> strategy for seppos with fortunate financial circumstances: travel to Jolly
> Olde, hang out in the dispensary, catch whatever they are passing around
> and pay them a few thousand pounds to do what they appear to be doing so
> very well.

Are they testing a lot more people now? How many of these "cases" are
asymptomatic?

We might want to wait a few weeks just to make sure this signal continues
> to look the way it does today.

I think we're probably years from having all the data we need to understand
this pandemic. Hopefully we can get past the finger pointing and politics
and come up with a plan for future pandemics.

-Dave