[ExI] ursa

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 14 21:00:14 UTC 2020

Whether cats can identify the people who are dying, or whether dogs can
diagnose the virus (they can, I think I read), we ought to be doing far
more of this.

At this point - correct me if I am wrong - animal's noses are more
sensitive than any instrument medical people have.  When was the last time
a physician smelled you?  Intentionally, that is, for diagnostic purposes.
It might be that some smelling is done by lab people but I dunno. I suspect
that the medical community does not want to turn over anything to lower
animals, being the highly conservative people that they are (who hate
second opinions as it challenges their dominance and ability).  Since we
already have evidence that an AI can diagnose better than any physician,
why are we seeing more use of the AIs?  Ego, I think.

I do agree that using the most sensitive noses, those of bears, might be
costly, but I think that they do dance better than dogs do.    And when was
the last time you saw a dog on a unicycle?

bill w

On Wed, Oct 14, 2020 at 3:23 PM Dan TheBookMan via extropy-chat <