[ExI] waving guns

Stuart LaForge avant at sollegro.com
Fri Oct 16 00:25:58 UTC 2020

Quoting Will Steinberg:

> The woman in particular was pointing the gun at people.  You should never
> point a gun at someone unless you are ok with killing them and the legal
> ramifications of that.  Idk there's a reason it's illegal.

Pointing a gun at someone you don't intend to actually shoot is rude
regardless of legality. Even in contexts where it is legal such as in
the military, police, and gun clubs, passing the line of fire of your
weapon across a friendly's body is called sweeping and is considered a
sign of poor training and bad etiquette and is strictly discouraged.
Moreover if one of the protesters had been armed and shot her, he or
she could have made a case for self-defense. The husband, on the other
hand, was much more restrained. Based on limited footage I have
viewed, I don't think he is guilty of anything except perhaps letting
his wife hold a gun with zero training.

Stuart LaForge