[ExI] kinder gentler

Dan TheBookMan danust2012 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 16 03:45:44 UTC 2020

On Thu, Oct 15, 2020 at 7:33 PM Anton Sherwood via extropy-chat
> I'm reading a book about domestication syndrome: when mammals are
> selected for reduced aggression, they acquire a cluster of seemingly
> unrelated and irrelevant traits.
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Domestication_syndrome

I read _Domesticated: Evolution in a Man-Made World_ by Richard C.
Francis that mentioned this. There was also an article many years ago
in American Scientist discussing dog and fox domestication which went
over other changes linked to domestication.

> The trigger appears to be simple enough that I can imagine a mad
> scientist releases a virus that domesticates most of the world's
> mammals.  Who'll write that story?

Don't look at me. I have a hard enough time with trying to form my
meager ideas (not that they're originally mine) into stories as it is.
:)

Regards,

Dan
  Sample my Kindle books via: