[ExI] kinder gentler

Anton Sherwood bronto at pobox.com
Fri Oct 16 04:55:18 UTC 2020

On 2020-10-15 20:56, Adrian Tymes via extropy-chat wrote:
> Maybe a virus to domesticate humans, in search of floppy ears
> and novel coat colors/patterns?

Heh, many years ago I wrote a far-future scene featuring a human with
striped skin (and hair) and tufted ears.  Never did fit it into a
broader story.

The book I'm reading argues that humans do show many physical (as well
as mental) signs of domestication: lighter bones, smaller jaws and
molars ... Perhaps our ears kept their cartilage because we need them
for humans' most distinctive skill.

--
*\\*  Anton Sherwood  *\\*  www.bendwavy.org