[ExI] humility

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 18 14:36:16 UTC 2020

I think the word 'humble' fits in perfectly with the scientific attitude.
We are skeptical of any result from scientific study.  We nearly always
want more data,esp. if the result is an unusual one. We are always open to
alternative interpretations.  And so on.  All of us know these principles.
Don't they amount to humility?

I am not humble in the sense of "Aw, shucks, ma'am."  Never taking credit,
and all that.  But I am humble in the way Bill H puts it:  I could be wrong
about my political views or any other view I have.  So I think Bill H is
humble in the scientific sense.

bill w

On Sun, Oct 18, 2020 at 9:26 AM Bill Hibbard via extropy-chat <