[ExI] Is the ExI email list slowly dying out? And if so, what can be done to reverse such an outcome?

Dan TheBookMan danust2012 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 18 17:59:41 UTC 2020

On Sun, Oct 18, 2020 at 7:44 AM Giulio Prisco via extropy-chat
> One problem is that young people use email less and less. Mailing
> lists are stone age to them.

Yes. Social media is currently the place where most interactions like
these would take place. And there are a lot more people who would do
video stuff, podcasts, and the like out there. If we were having this
conversation ten years ago, I'd probably say blogging and podcasts,
but social media have definitely overtaken those. And I don't mean
just FB and Twitter.

By the way, this isn't peculiar to either a generation (though
definitely GenZ and Alphas are even less likely to regularly use
email) or to the ExI community. I belong to a few other email groups
and they've all declined over that last decade or so.

Regards,

Dan
  Sample my Kindle books via:
http://author.to/DanUst