[ExI] Is the ExI email list slowly dying out? And if so, what can be done to reverse such an outcome?

Dan TheBookMan danust2012 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 20 17:29:03 UTC 2020

On Tue, Oct 20, 2020 at 5:13 PM spike jones via extropy-chat
> ...> On Behalf Of Dan TheBookMan via extropy-chat
>> ...and use terms like the N-word, people used to using them will feel
>> marginalized ...Regards,  Dan
>
> Hi Dan, what happens to rap and hip hop?  Will that still be OK in the
> future when it goes into the golden oldies category, or can we marginalize
> that permanently now?

Not all hip hop uses it, and in general White hip hop artists don't
use it. Some hip hop is classic at this point. I mean old school stuff
from the 1970s and 1980s. That said, hip hop has a history of being
socially inappropriate, including of artists and songs that are
misogynistic and homophobic. (On the latter, one need only think of
Eminem.) To me, much of this seems adolescent. It's not stuff you'd
say in polite company. And the latter is kind of what I'm talking
about here. Someone riding around with Flowmaster and cranking out
beats is kind of not the standard of social appropriateness in today's
society. Don't you agree?

Regards,

Dan
  Sample my Kindle books via: