[ExI] tv ads

Adrian Tymes atymes at gmail.com
Thu Oct 22 15:41:06 UTC 2020

On Thu, Oct 22, 2020 at 6:50 AM Anton Sherwood via extropy-chat <

> Some years ago I heard more than one person speculate that the
> USA should buy Siberia.  (My reaction: acquire a land border with China?)

Mine: as if Russia would sell.  These are places with their own
governments, not serfs that can be traded without their permission.  Even
with someone like Putin in charge, this remains true.  The most that the
Russian federal government could do would be to kick Siberia out; it
couldn't force Siberia to subjugate itself to American law if the Siberians
objected.