[ExI] for classical music lovers only

Anton Sherwood bronto at pobox.com
Fri Oct 30 20:27:31 UTC 2020

On 2020-10-30 09:40, William Flynn Wallace via extropy-chat wrote:
> You  know, I have had this thought:  what if we heard the movie music
> before we saw the movie?  [...]   The questions are:  can
> the music stand alone?  Will your like or dislike of the scenes the
> music accompanies influence your liking or disliking of the music?  I
> suppose a test could be listening to old movie music whose movie you
> have not seen.  [...]

I grew up with the songs of «South Pacific» (for example).  When I saw
the movie in my forties, I found the plot weak and the songs stale.
More recently I acquired[*] an album of a more recent production, and
find some of the songs moderately enjoyable.

[*] probably it was among the possessions of a late neighbor, left over
from the estate sale and destined for the dump; I rescued a stack of CDs
and a little painting

--
*\\*  Anton Sherwood  *\\*  www.bendwavy.org