[ExI] This Flying Car Costs $599K—and It’s Now Street Legal in Holland

John Grigg possiblepaths2050 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 31 08:36:04 UTC 2020

But keep in mind, it's not legal to fly it yet... Where's the fun in that?
Lol Well, I suppose flying cars crashing and burning over cities would not
be cool...

"We’ve all had the experience of sitting in bumper-to-bumper traffic with
nothing but miles of red taillights ahead, wishing we could somehow break
away from the pack and zoom off to our destination traffic-free. Now
drivers in the Netherlands are one step closer to making this vision a
reality, as a commercial flying car has just been approved for use
<https://www.pal-v.com/en/press/worlds-first-flying-car-hits-the-road> on
roads there.

The car is called the PAL-V Liberty, and it’s made by Dutch company PAL-V
<https://www.pal-v.com/en/>. It looks a lot like what you’d probably expect
or imagine a flying car
<https://singularityhub.com/2019/11/01/flying-cars-aerial-ridesharing-and-the-not-too-distant-future-of-transport/>
to look like: a cross between a small helicopter and a very aerodynamic car
(with a foldable propeller on top).

https://singularityhub.com/2020/10/29/the-worlds-first-commercial-flying-car-is-hitting-roads-in-holland/