[ExI] nursing homes again

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Sat Oct 31 22:09:01 UTC 2020

Our county offers covid fatality data broken down by those who live(d) in
nursing homes and those who did not.

It looked for a while as if the homers would exceed the non-homers, but then
they diverged.  Now they may be converging once again.

If anyone here can look at this and extract some kind of signal or signal,
even an arm-wavey descriptive one, do post please.

In Santa Clara county, the nursing home population is about 5 percent of the
total.  To me the signal is clear enough: if one is going to a nursing home
for increased safety, don't do it.  Take your chances with the risk of a
fall at home, get one of those emergency beacon things that hangs around
your neck, get Meals on Wheels, rather than being part of 5 percent of the
population which accounts for nearly half the covid fatalities.

I don't know of other counties reporting this way, but if it works this way
in Santa Clara I don't see why it would be different elsewhere.