[ExI] Exi-chat Guidelines

ExiMod ExiMod at protonmail.com
Mon Sep 7 21:32:43 UTC 2020

The original Extropy-Chat List Agreement was intended as a full introduction to the email list for new list members and extends to three pages in length. It is stored on the Extropy Institute website http://www.extropy.org/ which was archived in 2007. Although over the years since then the List Agreement has become rather out-of-date, it still has historical value and Exi-chat is based on the same principles.

I have summarised the three pages into a simplified five-rule Exi-chat Guidelines statement.
Hopefully this will make Exi-chat life clearer for everyone.

ExiMod

Exi-chat Guidelines September 2020

1) Be polite. We do not allow personal attacks or defamatory statements on Exi-chat.

2) Spam is not allowed. Personal professional announcements or discussion of personal professional activities are OK.

3) Some topics, which are occasionally introduced on the Exi-chat List, have been controversial enough to provoke long-lasting, heated exchanges. The main topics of controversy in the past have been USA gun rights and USA politics. The subject of USA politics is not encouraged here, particularly anything about current events. It is not banned, but any comments here should be brief and non-partisan. There is a separate email list for more lengthy USA Exi-politics discussion. Speculating about future types of political systems is fine on Exi-chat.

4) Since the topic of discussion on the list can change constantly within a single thread, we ask that the subject lines change accordingly. If you feel that a thread is going off the original topic, that's perfectly fine, but please change the subject line to let all list readers know what the topic has become.

5) Formal complaints and administrative requests should be sent to: ExiMod at protonmail.com