[ExI] The Futurism of Elon Musk

Adrian Tymes atymes at gmail.com
Mon Sep 7 21:38:48 UTC 2020

On Mon, Sep 7, 2020 at 2:03 PM spike jones via extropy-chat <

> >…The reason they're asking you to unplug unused appliances is that many
> modern appliances still drain some current even if turned off.   They're
> not truly off in the sense of an open circuit.  It adds up over an entire
> population…
>

> Ja, I think that’s it, but it would only apply to stereos, TVs and stuff
> with clocks in it.

You know it and I know it, but the kinds of people who order these things -
and, frankly, most of the people being asked to do it - don't have a clue.
The message has to be dumbed down to "unplug everything" or it doesn't get
understood - and, thus, doesn't get done.