[ExI] extropy-chat Digest, Vol 204, Issue 4

Rafal Smigrodzki rafal.smigrodzki at gmail.com
Wed Sep 9 08:54:56 UTC 2020

On Thu, Sep 3, 2020 at 9:44 AM spike jones via extropy-chat <

> The most plausible explanation I see so far is the sunlight and fresh
> outdoor air somehow helps protect proles.

### While the Chinese virus can be detected on some surfaces for many hours
if not days, its survival drops to minutes if exposed to sunlight. This is
why it is quite difficult to get infected outdoors, unless you are in a
dense crowd of people, especially screaming or chanting people. The bikers
were probably sufficiently sparsely distributed, with all those hogs
getting in between them, that the virus mostly died while floating in the
air on the way to the next guy.

OTOH, a dense crowd indoors, especially singing or speaking loudly to
outshout the music (think choir practice and nightclub, or baptists and
bootleggers) is a death trap.

Rafal