[ExI] The Futurism of Elon Musk

Rafal Smigrodzki rafal.smigrodzki at gmail.com
Wed Sep 9 10:06:16 UTC 2020

On Sun, Sep 6, 2020 at 4:32 PM Dylan Distasio via extropy-chat <

> Anyways, I'm all for what Musk is trying to do outside of his hucksterism
> in general and around self driving cars in particular with his
> overpromising on existing technology that could easily get someone killed.
> I'm a fan of his overall, but he's got a bit too much of P.T. Barnum about
> him than I would like.

## I am a huge fan of Mr Musk and almost everything he does, especially
Neuralink - I do hope to live long enough to be uploaded through BMI (brain
machine interface) rather than have to be frozen and then eventually
scanned to upload.

But that Tesla business - This is a very neat technological answer to a
very stupid question. How do I make myself look saintly *and* rich at the
same time? -  Buy an expensive and luxurious car that according to common
hype is the key to saving the planet.

So instead of building a better Volt, with a ten times smaller battery
that's enough for 90% of drives, and with a small gas engine for those
infrequent long drives, Tesla makes cars with 1200 lb batteries that hardly
ever get fully used.

But I am still a Musk fan.

Rafal