[ExI] AstraZeneca's Phase 3 trial

Dylan Distasio interzone at gmail.com
Wed Sep 9 12:24:43 UTC 2020

mRNA vaccines look promising because they avoid these issues and can be
ramped up and manufactured in volume.  They are also of course new tech
with no long history of vaccine trials beyond Covid.

However, both require heavy cooling to remain viable.  Moderna's needs
-4C.  Pfizer's needs a very impractical -60C although they've designed
custom dry ice carriers for shipment.   Any research lab will have a
freezer that cold, but I doubt there are many in clinical settings.
Logistics may be a challenge.

On Wed, Sep 9, 2020, 8:18 AM John Clark via extropy-chat <