[ExI] AstraZeneca's Phase 3 trial

Dylan Distasio interzone at gmail.com
Wed Sep 9 17:12:15 UTC 2020

On Wed, Sep 9, 2020 at 1:06 PM spike jones via extropy-chat <

> Hi Dylan, do come now, me lad.  Liquid nitrogen is cheaper than beer.
> Liquid air is even cheaper and isn’t even hazardous aboard aircraft.
>

> If this works, we can do it.

True, I used to do lab benchwork many, many moons ago, and when discussing
the Pfizer requirement on another list suggested it shouldn't be a problem
to use dewars of liquid nitrogen (similar to those used to store frozen
cell cultures) for transport and on site storage, but then found out Pfizer
is going to ship in their own boxes, so I guess physicians may need to
invest in some dewars.

I'm just wondering how easy it is to obtain liquid nitrogen outside of the
1st world.  I'm not worried about the US or Europe being able to pull off
the logistics involved, but I am in poorer, rural regions of the 3rd world.