[ExI] as the world burns

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Wed Sep 9 23:08:36 UTC 2020

>…I see skies of yellow,
Small flecks of white.
Dim orange sun,
A noon that's like night.
And I think to myself,
What a flammable world.

I know Adrian had to write this just today because we had an ash fall last night, in the form of  white specks all over everything.

Subject: Re: [ExI] as the world burns

>…You know, once you get outside of California, it no longer actually feels like the earth is desperately trying to purge itself of the metaphorical cancer that is humanity…It's too easy to forget this… Darin

Thanks for that Darin.  It has been other-worldly all day: everything is orange.

I noticed something crazy: they are letting planes go out in tightly packed groups out of San Jose.  I see about 8 in a row, then nothing for half an hour, then about 8 more and so on.  They must circle to pattern altitude of about 6kft, then proceed south.  I noticed something interesting: the planes are still easily visible with no obscuration at that altitude.  Conclusion: most of the particulate smoke is way up there.

The planes level out scoot along underneath it, pick up speed, then pull up and power thru it to minimize the time they are outside of visual flight rules.

Still the particulates are falling like rain.  I have been whoofing on the old Albuterol  and beclomethasone most of the day, stuff I had left over from my very expensive January misadventure.  I hafta stop that; it is getting me stoned from overdose, mercy.

Regarding my earlier comments on some supernatural sim-writer: if this is all a sim and someone could control it, you know she would do this kind of stuff.  Reasoning: humor is a human thing and human intelligence is a human thing.  Humor and intelligence are linked.  So… a superhuman intelligence would go with a superhuman sense of humor.  If so… you know she would do stuff like send a signal to LIGO and VIRGO that would make physicists say in unison all over the planet: whaaaaaaat in the heeeeelllllll???