[ExI] we are free

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Thu Sep 10 16:19:44 UTC 2020

This video was taken not far from where my parents once had a cattle ranch:

https://www.facebook.com/dale.voris/videos/3159656740819466/

Owwww, damn.

The local firefighters caught a break: it is dead still calm here.

This NOAA site is good:

https://fire.airnow.gov/

Usually the breeze on this coast blows west to east, but when it goes the
other way, it gets blasted hot and dry which means wildfire gets way harder
to control.  That map out there shows what looks to me like the result of
smoke blowing out over the sea to the west.

I am having some minor lung difficulties, and can imagine Adrian is having
even more (he lives toward the richer side of the valley) but it's not bad
today.  If I can lay off the beclomethasone and stay with just albuterol,
that stuff won't hurt anything.

I have the option of hitching up the camper and hauling the fam out east
toward the clean air, and my son can go right on with school as if nothing
is different (I have a mobile hot spot (with pleeeenty of bandwidth.))
Junky old cars, but bandwidth of CHAMPIONS!  It's what we nerds and geeks do
with our money.

Ain't it cool?  Only since recently have proles had the option to haul their
family out to a cleaner safer area, while still being able to go to work and
school as if they were still crammed back in that smoky old suburb or city.
The internet doesn't just make us smarter, it sets us freeeeeeee free as a
bird, free.  This is a dream.  Fire cannot stop us.  Epidemics cannot stop
us.  We can unpack and stay safe.  You and I lived to see this day.