[ExI] A virologist speculates on the origin of CV-19

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Wed Sep 16 01:52:43 UTC 2020

From: extropy-chat <extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org> On Behalf Of Dylan Distasio via extropy-chat
Sent: Tuesday, September 15, 2020 6:25 PM
To: ExI chat list <extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org>
Cc: Dylan Distasio <interzone at gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [ExI] A virologist speculates on the origin of CV-19

On Tue, Sep 15, 2020 at 9:16 PM spike jones via extropy-chat <extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org <mailto:extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org> > wrote:

Dylan recall I was the one who was booed off the stage for suggesting that the medical weapons lab in Wuhan just mighta had something to do with this, even after offering a scenario where it was spread by a lab grunt trying to make a few extra yen selling dead bats to the local wet market.

>…I do recall that, and to be honest, I have purposefully kept my speculations on this subject mostly to myself at least on this list for fear of being labelled a conspiracy nut by some around here…

OK well no worries Dylan, I am already considered a conspiracy nut by some around here, so I have nothing to lose.  In fact, I will move forward with the whole notion.

Now every country in the world has this virus, terrorists have it, and it wouldn’t be all that hard for some Simon bar Sinister to replicate it up, put it in a crop duster, fly over a crowded stadium at the Super Bowl and whoooosh!  slay thousands of infidels, never mind that most would not catch or perish, they would trample each other trying to flee.  Hell, Simon wouldn’t even need the virus at all, just a crop duster and a tank of water.  He could even get away with it if he didn’t get too carried away.  A crop duster can outclimb and outrun a police helicopter.  Simon turns off his running lights and just disappears without a trace, ditches on a remote farm somewhere, gone.