[ExI] simulation stat goofiness

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Fri Sep 18 14:46:34 UTC 2020

Subject: Re: [ExI] simulation stat goofiness

>…I'm sure someone smarter than me has addressed this, but it seems obvious to me that there is absolutely no chance we are in a simulation…

What you mean “we” Kimosabe?  In the most plausible version of the sim argument, there is only you.  “We” are avatars.

I am an easy one: no simulated guy necessary.  You only know “me” from my posts, ja?

>…The simulation argument appears strikingly close to a religion to me…

That does give me an idea.  If the sim argument is a religion, perhaps we can create sims to promote religion.  But not the kind where people pray to an invisible guy who lives on the mountaintop in Hawaii (except for when students are in session at UH) but rather the kind which influences people to take personal responsibility, to do good things for humanity, for compelling proles to do the right thing.