[ExI] jarring change

Henry Rivera hrivera at alumni.virginia.edu
Sat Sep 19 05:27:44 UTC 2020

Doctoral level therapists in private practice can charge $125 per hour and up. This is big enough money for many. Psychiatrists have to get in to, pay for, and tolerate the non-mental health curriculum of medical school which certainly did not appeal to me.

There is also the newer development of prescribing privileges for psychologists, so it can be option for some depending on the state.

The point I’d say is to help people, and people can be helped to make behavioral changes without medication. Many clients prefer this due to side effects, costs of medication, and med interactions.

-Henry