[ExI] anger

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Sun Sep 20 19:59:34 UTC 2020

>…> On Behalf Of William Flynn Wallace via extropy-chat
Subject: Re: [ExI] anger

 I have known people who are very nearly devoid of anger (my father was like that (if he had a trace of it, I never saw it in 17 years.))

spike

Your Dad - totally cool and calm when you misbehaved?  Let your mother do all the emotional stuff?   bill w

Ja, my mother was a classic over-reactor, emotions in overdrive much of the time over nothing.

BillW, since you are into this sorta thing: seeing these two convinced me that our anger set-point is mostly genetic.  My brother and I are close in age, had nearly identical upbringing.  But he has a moderately hot temper but I don’t.  He is a moderate pessimist but I am not.  I am told I am the classic dreamer-idealist unrealistic optimist.

I don’t recall ever signing up for any particular disposition, but rather suspect that it is nearly all genetic rather than influence.  The luck of the draw perhaps.