[ExI] Anyone out there?

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Wed Sep 23 04:27:52 UTC 2020

From: extropy-chat <extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org> On Behalf Of John Grigg via extropy-chat
Subject: Re: [ExI] Anyone out there?

>…Present!

Johnny, I am out-therer than thou, me lad!

Thanks for that video you posted earlier.  That was a great laugh.  He’s right on.

I was in a Zoom meeting earlier this evening of the citizens bond oversight committee.  We raised a ton of money to build local schools.  Covid rearranged everything.  We have about 14% of the students who engage only slightly or not at all (so they aren’t going to pass.)  A proposal was made (and accepted by the school board) to revive our trades and crafts training program.  So now we are going to offer the disengaged the opportunity to put away the books and go out on a job site, learn how to build something or do something with their lives.  If they manage to show up consistently they get not a diploma but a certificate that says they showed up consistently.

Having a trade school is a good idea.