[ExI] smoke 'em dano

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Sat Sep 26 21:32:58 UTC 2020

-----Original Message-----
From: Anton Sherwood <bronto at pobox.com>
Subject: Re: [ExI] smoke 'em dano

On 2020-9-18 14:43, spike jones via extropy-chat wrote:
> I was given the nickname Spike as a misunderstanding of someone
> calling me “Spock” from Star Trek.

Aw, you could have been Spoke.  Or Spank or Spork.

--
*\\*  Anton Sherwood  *\\*  www.bendwavy.org

Tis tragic.  Spork would have a funky hybrid sound, Spoke would remind one of Zarathustra, Spank would have a titillating vaguely sexy angle perhaps.

But no, I was nicknamed after a musical comedian.  This would be fine had it been Weird Al, but no.

Anton, how can we advertise availability of a limited market for rental rooms to a limited market of hungry carefully-prescreened young professionals (many of whom may be attractive young ladies?)  I can imagine plenty of people would rent rooms in their own homes if they knew someone was carefully filtering out the axe murderers.