[ExI] Fwd: Space governance

John Grigg possiblepaths2050 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 27 07:43:10 UTC 2020

What about space elevators? This is a science fiction trope that has always
captured my imagination! I have read that we may be about 30 years away
from materials science giving us what's needed to actually build a
beanstalk to the stars...

I heard one estimate that claimed a space elevator could put a pound of
colonist/equipment into orbit for only fifty dollars! An astonishingly low
figure!

A working space elevator would usher in a new era of pioneering for
humanity.

On Sat, Sep 26, 2020, 7:04 PM Adrian Tymes via extropy-chat <