[ExI] The Handmaid's Tale

Dan TheBookMan danust2012 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 27 18:54:58 UTC 2020

On Sun, Sep 27, 2020 at 2:18 PM Ben Zaiboc via extropy-chat
> On 27/09/2020 14:47, Adam A. Ford wrote:
> > There is Neural Archives in Southern Cryonics in Australia
>

> Thanks, Adam, I didn't know about this.
>
> Nor about the one in China, but China's another totalitarian country, so
> not of interest to anyone who can avoid it.
>
> Australia looks promising, Democratic, low religiosity. The downside is
> distance.
>
> I see there's also a cryonics organisation in Switzerland, but they
> don't have a storage facility, and it looks like they don't plan to.

Aside from political freedom and social stability, I believe one
should consider other factors like geology and weather. What would be
the ideal locations for a cryonics facility on Earth? Well, in places
that are politically free (especially with respect to tolerating
cryonics:), don't have episodic radical changes in the politics or
society (not someplace that's a fledgling democracy that might revert
back to an authoritarian state or that has frequent large-scale social
unrest*), not near places prone to large-scale industrial accidents
(like in Beirut recently), not prone to earthquakes and the like
(might rule out Japan), and don't face much in the way of extreme
weather events and other natural disasters (e.g., not in the likely
path of typhoons).

Regards,

Dan
  Sample my Kindle books via:
http://author.to/DanUst

* I don't mean stuff like now in the US, which many here seem to think
is a prelude to the end of civilization. I mean stuff like the Mexican
Dirty War.