[ExI] oh hey, why didn't we do this sooner...

Dan TheBookMan danust2012 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 28 01:03:47 UTC 2020

On Sun, Sep 27, 2020 at 9:45 PM spike jones via extropy-chat
> In spite of its challenges, living in California has its moments of levity.
> Our legislature decided that prisoners must be housed according to
> the gender they claim rather than what is found between their legs.
>
> OK then.  Prisoners.
>
> I do recognize that I am a stodgy old geezer in some ways.  Such as…
> how tragically many decades ago I was born.  But it just feels to me
> like that plan has some inherent challenges.
>
> OK but I am not the legislature, and so now we get these brutal rapists
> claiming to be women showing up in Chowchilla looking for some action.
> I have an idea.  My idea requires an even number of such opportunist
> prisoners…

You do know that trans people have a very rough time in prison for
being trans. They get abused and even killed. The usual approach, when
prison officials care, is to isolate them from the general population
-- which almost all means isolating them completely. That does
long-term psychological harm.

It's not really a joking matter. It's similar to telling a rape joke.
I hope you consider how bad this might make the Extropian movement
seem.

Regards,

Dan
  Sample my Kindle books via: