[ExI] The Handmaid's Tale

Dan TheBookMan danust2012 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 28 19:34:56 UTC 2020

On Mon, Sep 28, 2020 at 7:30 PM Ben Zaiboc via extropy-chat
> On 28/09/2020 18:59, Dave Sill wrote:
>> Iceland.
>
> Erk!
>
> No!!
>
> Iceland sits bang in the middle of the mid-atlantic ridge, and is basically a big cluster
> of volcanoes. Not a good place to put anything you want to last for a long time!

I agree, though what should the range of geologic stability be here? I
would hazard a guess that places that aren't likely to have a major
eruption, landslide, or quake (and specify the range here) over the
next two hundred years as a starting point. My presumption here is if
the revival problem is likely to be solved, it'll be solved within a
century and I'm erroring up to one century and then doubling that.

Iceland, Japan, Indonesia, and ring of fire sites would all be off that list.

Regards,

Dan
  Sample my Kindle books via:
http://author.to/DanUst