[ExI] Soviet TV version of Lord of the Rings rediscovered after 30 years

Darin Sunley dsunley at gmail.com
Tue Apr 6 15:35:40 UTC 2021

It reminds me of Greek theatre in a way.

They never let limitations on budget or personnel limit what they wanted to
put on stage.

"Ok, the script calls for Zeus to open up several light-years wide rifts in
the fabric of space and time and literally flood the entire Local Group
with heavenly waters".
"Cool, what are our resources?"
"Fifteen actors, five of whom can sing, and ten square feet of plywood."
"Awesome, put the singers in the Chorus, and let's do this!"

On Tue, Apr 6, 2021 at 4:10 AM John Grigg via extropy-chat <