[ExI] DAOs, Futarchy, and the future of Extropianism

Adrian Tymes atymes at gmail.com
Sun Apr 11 20:52:18 UTC 2021

Depends on the goal.

For instance, getting CubeCab going would be $5-6M.  But I know that
wouldn't be everyone's top priority - in fact, I suspect I could not get
enough funding to be worth the effort, pitching to the members of this
list.  This is why I haven't done so.

Other goals have their own budgets.  For instance, space based solar power
manufactured on and launched from Earth would cost quite a bit more - which
is why I'm investigating precisely what it would take to get space based
solar power manufactured on and launched from the Moon (which would still
be quite a bit more than just getting CubeCab going, but apparently not
nearly as much as the from-Earth solution, once you get to industrially
significant amounts of power).

But most of the goals I see bandied about here, would require budgets far
in excess of what could be raised from this list's members.  This is
sufficient to discount any scheme that relies primarily on raising funds
from this list's members to accomplish said goals, no matter how said funds
are managed and distributed.

On Sun, Apr 11, 2021 at 11:17 AM John Grigg via extropy-chat <