[ExI] Leaked: Pentagon's UFO Investigation Spotlighted In New Photos And Video | TODAY

Odell odellhuff2 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 18 18:13:08 UTC 2021

Hey all, where is the informed speculation about this? Besides some offhand
comments from former officials hinting there's more than the public knows,
all I could really find online was a Scientific American article saying the
question merits scientific investigation. Indeed.

I've been wondering ever since I heard Bill Cinton on that PBS show "Wait
Wait Don't Tell Me" in July 2012. Peter Sagal asked who killed JFK and what
happened at Roswell. Clinton said simply Oswell assassinated the president
acting on his own, but then gave this reply to the other question:

CLINTON: I'm not sure there's not life somewhere in outer space. What do I
know? And I know that the Hubble telescope identified a planet in the
constellation Libra, several light years outside our own solar system that
seems to be far enough away from its sun that it might be enough like earth
to support life. But I read everything I could get my hands on, on Roswell,
and nothing I read persuaded me that it was an alien sighting or landing.

https://www.npr.org/2012/07/07/156251707/bill-clinton-takes-a-quiz-about-my-little-pony

Behind the lawyer speak, he names a specific star! Or the
constellation--perhaps he's referring to this system described in the
Wikipedia entry on Libra:

Planetary systems

Libra is home to the Gliese 581 planetary system
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gliese_581_planetary_system>, which consists
of the star Gliese 581 <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gliese_581>, three
confirmed planets, and two unconfirmed planets. Both Gliese 581d
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gliese_581d>, and Gliese 581g
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gliese_581g> are debatably the most
promising candidates for life, although Gliese 581g's existences has been
disputed and has not been entirely confirmed or agreed on in the scientific
community. Gliese 581c <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gliese_581c> is
considered to be the first Earth-like extrasolar planet
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Extrasolar_planet> to be found within its
parent star's habitable zone <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Habitable_zone>
. Gliese 581e <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gliese_581e> is possibly the
smallest mass exoplanet <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exoplanet> orbiting
a normal star found to date[12]
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Libra_(constellation)#cite_note-mayor-14> All
of these exoplanets are of significance for establishing the likelihood of
life <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Extraterrestrial_life> outside of the Solar
System <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solar_System>.

The family of candidate habitable planets was extended in late September
2010 to include exoplanets around red dwarf
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_dwarf> stars because of Gliese 581g,
which is a tidally locked <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tidally_locked> planet
in the middle of the habitable zone
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Habitable_zone>. Weather studies show that
tidally locked planets may still have the ability to support life.

So what are the scientists saying?

Best,
Odell

On Sun, Apr 18, 2021 at 9:02 AM John Grigg via extropy-chat <