[ExI] good news for libertarians

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Sat Apr 24 19:21:39 UTC 2021

…> On Behalf Of William Flynn Wallace via extropy-chat
Subject: Re: [ExI] good news for libertarians

>…First marriage:  puppy love and lust… BillW

Ja same here.  Still on that one, 37 years later, better than ever.

Observers comment that we relate to each other like teenagers, using 70s teenisms, such as whenever we disagree on something provable, we extend a hand, which means “betcha a million bucks.”  Of course it is a dollar a year for a million years, but hey.

There’s a song which had particular meaning to me during our nearly 3 year courtship, for when we married, she had just turned 21:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7gPHNUPm3g

All of this is causing me to ponder something that has become the fashion in our society today, particularly in high schools: downplaying Valentine’s Day and replacing it with “Singles-Awareness Day.”   Those with sweethearts are encouraged to be aware of their privilege with such a blessing, and to be more empathetic to those with no mates or prospects.

Well, OK then.  I know I am lucky.  I am filled with a sense of gratitude for that, as well as all the other things that we privileged moderns have (all of us ( everyone living today (never mind trying to break us down into groups, some luckier than others (for that exercise causes those who should feel gratitude to feel resentment.))))

Gratitude is a powerful emotion.  Feel it, live it, for it is negative regret, negative resentment, negative envy.  Even if unequally so, we are all very lucky.