[ExI] pistols

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Wed Apr 28 14:59:18 UTC 2021

…> On Behalf Of Henrik Ohrstrom via extropy-chat
Subject: Re: [ExI] pistols

>…When following the news over here, most people killed in their homes are swated in an erroneous no-nock search. That might be triggered by the children's computer gaming or just bad adress handling from the swat-team.

>… Correlating question, is it ok to successfully defend your home against an no-nock swatting?

/Henrik

Henrik, home invasion is practically zero in the USA.  The bad guys know that is a really risky idea.  Any attempt might well be their last day at the office.  If a home invasion does occur, by the next week, most of the homes in that area are heavily armed with citizens eager to demonstrate their new toys.

No knock SWATing is preceded by a warrant (if they do it legally.)  Back in the crack cocaine epidemic in LA, they had cases where people barricaded themselves inside a house and sold dope thru a mail slot.  The warrant would be delivered that way.  In those cases, the raids were preceded by turning off the water, gas, electricity to the home and waiting for a few days.

In the USA today, police are being vilified daily for profit by our mainstream media.  It sells clicks like nobody’s business.  It sells guns like nobody’s business (heh, the gun shops, oh what a hopping place these days.)

Plenty of people can see where this leads: officers deciding to go into another line of work where they are appreciated, understaffed forces, longer response times, citizens responsible for their own homeland defense, political pressure to change laws to make it safer and more practical to be one’s own police force (which is already happening.)