[ExI] donor head

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Wed Apr 28 20:05:51 UTC 2021

On Wed, 28 Apr 2021 at 20:18, spike jones via extropy-chat

> But now I have a moral dilemma on my hands.  In order to sign up, I would become a full status cryonics client and I wouldn’t want to be an experimental donor head.  So any benefit to the others in the dewar would be lost and we would be back to the old politeness paradox: After you, no after you…
>
> Furthermore… I would de-sign for organ donation, for fear they would delay my suspension grabbing kidneys and such.  But even if Alcor got to go first, usable donor organs spoil quickly so the organ donors who would otherwise benefit wouldn’t.
>
> spike

I think this is a non-existing problem.  There is no way Alcor will be
experimenting with human heads / bodies. They will not attempt human
revival until they are really, really confident of success. Just think
of the PR shock and horror!   It would get Alcor closed down.
It is never going to happen.

BillK