[ExI] portable toilets, was: RE: Watch robots make pizzas from start to finish at an automated pizzeria

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Wed Aug 4 16:24:24 UTC 2021

From: spike at rainier66.com <spike at rainier66.com>
Sent: Wednesday, August 4, 2021 9:11 AM
To: 'ExI chat list' <extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org>
Cc: 'Cc:' <spike at rainier66.com>
Subject: RE: [ExI] Watch robots make pizzas from start to finish at an automated pizzeria

…> On Behalf Of John Grigg via extropy-chat

>…One of my favorites, Chick-fil-a, figured out how to run a two-lane drive thru with no dining room, and they are prospering.  Restaurants are allowed to open in this county, but plenty of the drive-thru places have quietly opted to not…  spike

Clarification: they are allowed to open their dining rooms.  Plenty of the classic counter-service places and fast fooders opted to keep their drive-thru open but only open their dining room at peak hours if at all.  I see the local McDonalds still hasn’t opened its dining room but they have been selling burgers as fast as they can throw the stuff out the window.

Another observation: many public restrooms are now unavailable.  Fast food restaurants were always available for that previously, but plenty of them are now closed to the public, as well as gas station restrooms (they don’t make any additional money from having those, but there is cost and liability in having them open.)  Same with public parks: homeless people move into them.

Result: I can easily imagine new demand for a car with a kind of emergency toilet.

Before you dismiss the notion as absurd, note the crossover design of plenty of modern cars, and use your imagination just a bit.  An emergency toilet doesn’t need to contain water.

https://www.amazon.com/Hike-Crew-Advanced-Portable-Outdoor/dp/B07LCTKQKB/ref=asc_df_B07LCTKQKB/?tag=hyprod-20 <https://www.amazon.com/Hike-Crew-Advanced-Portable-Outdoor/dp/B07LCTKQKB/ref=asc_df_B07LCTKQKB/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=309802514774&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=4696917983680559600&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9032144&hvtargid=pla-625485570885&psc=1> &linkCode=df0&hvadid=309802514774&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=4696917983680559600&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9032144&hvtargid=pla-625485570885&psc=1

Think about it.  Use your imagination.

Prediction: within a year or two, some new car models, mini-vans and crossovers, will offer an option of a built-in dry toilet or a way to mount an aftermarket unit.

If it happens, remember you heard it first right here.