[ExI] Social Media Bans

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Thu Aug 5 13:32:10 UTC 2021

On Thu, 5 Aug 2021 at 14:05, William Flynn Wallace via extropy-chat

> But hear this:  Facebook and all the rest are private companies and can ban anything they want to, so while we may think it's a bad idea, it's not unconstitutional   bill w
>
> On Thu, Aug 5, 2021 at 12:08 AM SR Ballard via extropy-chat <extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org> wrote:
>>
>> I think the bans are both morally wrong and increase extremism, so doubly terrible ideas.
>>
>> SR Ballard

Yes, that's the standard excuse they take advantage of.
But if the bans are following instructions from the government to ban
stuff that the government disapproves of,-----then they are acting as
an arm of the government. It is a method for the government to
implement unconstitutional acts by saying 'We didn't do it - it's them
over there and they are allowed to do it.'
It is called Fascism - the merger of state and corporate power.

BillK