[ExI] Social Media Bans

Giulio Prisco giulio at gmail.com
Fri Aug 6 07:30:09 UTC 2021

I don't like social media bans. Of course a private company like
Twitter or Facebook is and must remain free to ban whomever they want
to ban, for any reason or no reason. But in a healthy ecosystem
consumers must be free to switch to other providers. If there were
alternatives, I would stop using Twitter and Facebook in protest. And
THIS is the problem. We should build a fully decentralized internet
where nobody can be banned. There are prototypes (I like
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secure_Scuttlebutt ) but they are very
beta (actually alpha) and we consumers are too lazy to use them and
help them achieve a critical mass. But we really should.

On Thu, Aug 5, 2021 at 1:54 AM SR Ballard via extropy-chat