[ExI] DeepMind’s Vibrant New Virtual World Trains Flexible AI With Endless Play

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Sun Aug 8 10:47:15 UTC 2021

On Sun, 8 Aug 2021 at 04:29, Anton Sherwood via extropy-chat

> On 2021-8-07 03:52, BillK via extropy-chat wrote:
> > Basically, emails are normally sorted by the local received date &
> > time for you to easily view the latest new emails as they are shown at
> > the top of the list. [...]
>
> That doesn't work so well for me because I often move items between
> folders, and such an item is "received" at the time of transfer.
>
> >       [...]
> > But in this case, John is in the Philippines and your email system is
> > displaying his local sender time instead of the time you received the
> > email.
>
> Yes, because his computer tells the world it's on California time.
> That's what "-0700" in the Date header means.
>
> --
> *\\*  Anton Sherwood  *\\*  www.bendwavy.org

No, John's computer is OK and set to his local time.
That's the Exi-chat mail server that says -0700.
All the Exi-chat posts have -0700 (including your emails).

You know John's local time because you can see he has time travelled
to the future.

BillK