[ExI] dark matter

Anton Sherwood bronto at pobox.com
Tue Aug 10 21:40:18 UTC 2021

On 2021-8-10 14:17, Adrian Tymes via extropy-chat wrote:
> I keep wondering if the concept of dark matter is ultimately just
> patching over some measurement errors.

I've heard of a place where measurement of g-lensing around a pair of
colliding galaxies shows that normal matter was slowed by the collision
(gas friction) but dark matter was not; that is, the mass whose gravity
affects the light of further galaxies is not only *more* than the
visible matter, it's in different places.

--
*\\*  Anton Sherwood  *\\*  www.bendwavy.org