[ExI] libertarian city - from Quora

Anton Sherwood bronto at pobox.com
Wed Aug 11 23:10:22 UTC 2021

Hi, I heard this was the no-politics list?

On 2021-8-11 14:19, SR Ballard via extropy-chat wrote:
> Taxation is theft tho? That’s what all the IRL libertarians tell me.
> They all reject the idea of the social contract.

I embrace a social contract that says "I'll avoid harming you, your
family or your property, if you'll do the same for me."

I reject a purported social contract that says "One of the parties
hereto can change the terms at will (and you're not that one)."

Seems to me, though, that the kind of contract most fit for providing
fire prevention and the like is neither of these.

--
*\\*  Anton Sherwood  *\\*  www.bendwavy.org