[ExI] to my fellow renaissance life forms

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Sat Aug 14 10:29:21 UTC 2021

On Sat, 14 Aug 2021 at 10:53, John Grigg via extropy-chat

> BillK wrote:
> "Civilisation ends bathed in continuous pleasure."
>
> A recent popular singularity scenario is where we are ruled by AI not at gunpoint, but by the hordes of sexbots that keep us contented. And so AI takes on the role of the seducer/seductress...
>
> John

Of course, it isn't an either/or situation. Both options will be
applied by governments when necessary. The majority can be controlled
by supplying pleasure and distraction. But there will always be some
intransigent people who will require monitoring, surveillance,
Guantanamo Bay savagery and even execution.
Whatever is required to maintain power structures will be applied.

BillK